Living, studying and/or working in a foreign country isn’t always easy. Internationals often struggle at the beginning due to the differences in culture, communication style and way of working. Thus, it can be extremely helpful to get some support and guidance from someone who has experienced the same.
Applying the Progress Focused Approach in my coaching sessions, I want to help you feel motivated and competent in dealing with the challenges you face. Subjects and questions include but not limited to:
- I have difficulty with the directness of my Dutch peers, what to do?
- I struggle with learning the Dutch language, do you have any tips?
- What can I expect from working or studying in the Netherlands?
- How to effectively communicate in an intercultural setting?
- How can I find a job as an international after graduation?
Netherlands, I was often asked to act as a sparring partner by Graduate School directors and PhD supervisors for issues resulting from cultural differences. Think for instance about collaboration problems between a supervisor and a Chinese PhD student.
Each session takes about 60 minutes and it costs 45 euros for students and 90 euros for others. The initial introductory meeting is free of charge and you can make an appointment with me here.